Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

keywords in Re-Marketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I have recently set up a new re-marketing campaign, I have previously set one up before which is only running off an audience list targeting method which is working fine. However on my new campaign that i have created I am wondering if it makes a difference if you ad any keywords to your display ads? Will this increase traffic towards your ad or is it pointless? 

Hope someone can help,

James

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James L
September 2015

Re: keywords in Re-Marketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, James.

Adding more targeting methods narrows it down. If you add keywords to your audiences, your ads will only show on pages related to those keywords. Unless you have a lot of traffic from irrelevant websites and you think that your audience might not be interested in returning to your website once they see your ads there, you may see the traffic diminishing when you add keywords.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James L
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, James.

Adding more targeting methods narrows it down. If you add keywords to your audiences, your ads will only show on pages related to those keywords. Unless you have a lot of traffic from irrelevant websites and you think that your audience might not be interested in returning to your website once they see your ads there, you may see the traffic diminishing when you add keywords.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and clearing that question up.

James

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Glad it helped, James.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
@ Adwiser , according to you we should not add keywords in remarketing camp

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Not unless you're prepared to see less traffic, Jeewan. If you want to narrow your targeting, by all means, add them.

More on this here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en

See the section "How to combine targeting methods if you'd like to narrow your reach."