AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

keywords getting removed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm appearing to be getting a weird error or maybe a bug with a handful of keywords??

It appears that Adwords is either "deleting" my keywords or "glitching them/deleting them" because I can neither delete them by selecting them or enable them again.

It'll popup at the top with a basic error message telling me to reload the page and try the action again.

This has happened to both of my video campaigns and is only affecting keywords that have gotten a handful of impressions (max 75 impressions) + views (max 2 views).

I have no clue why its going this...

As you can see I can't even set a max CPV for it... It's the same problem for all keywords that adwords is doing it to... Not all of them but a select few the ones that have gotten imps/views only...

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author unknown f
September 2015

Re: keywords getting removed

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi unknown f, as Santosh has said, the inability to re-enable deleted Keywords or set their Max CPV is not a bug - deleted Keywords cannot be re-enabled - so this behaviour is normal.

As to why they're being deleted, I know of no bug that'll delete any element of an Account without user interaction of some kind, either manually or through the setting up of Automated Rules or Scripts.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

The cross sign in the screenshot means that it has been deleted so you will not be able to set max. CPV for it until it is enabled again. Are you not able to enable them again?

Also how can you say that Adwords is deleting your keywords? Might be possible that someone having access to your account will be doing this. Check out the "change history" to see who have made these changes into your account.

Nouman

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,
I am just adding one more thing here that AdWords doesn't allow to enable deleted keywords or ads.
Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've double checked my recent activity and for the past 14 hours it's only been my static IP address that's logged into my account.

I appreciate the help and advice though but still weird how this is happening...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author unknown f
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi unknown f, as Santosh has said, the inability to re-enable deleted Keywords or set their Max CPV is not a bug - deleted Keywords cannot be re-enabled - so this behaviour is normal.

As to why they're being deleted, I know of no bug that'll delete any element of an Account without user interaction of some kind, either manually or through the setting up of Automated Rules or Scripts.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It probably was me on accident I'm new to Adwords...

Sorry and thanks everyone