4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

keyword tool not working?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

did they disable it? you could use this for free at once. without logging in. did google change this? I cant get it to load or do anything.

if you search google for it, you get a link/url that is not even clickable/linked like it use to be

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: keyword tool not working?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi macgig,

As Dinesh said above, there are no issues with Keyword Tool whether you use it with Adwords account login or the external one which you mentioned. I tried it just now, without any Adwords login and was able to use and access keyword tool perfectly.

Few things which I could think in your situation would be the cache, cookies issue. Try clearing the cache, cookies and then using the tool.

Try using a different browser (may be chrome) and see if you can access keyword tool or not.

If possible, try using a different computer or laptop to see if it can help out.

Hope that it may be of some help for you!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Macgig,

It's working well at my end, can try it once again or open it in new browser.

Dinesh
My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

get errors here.

There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved.

Please refresh this page to try again.

If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page.

use to be able to use this tool without having an adwords account? guess I cant' anymore?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi macgig,

As Dinesh said above, there are no issues with Keyword Tool whether you use it with Adwords account login or the external one which you mentioned. I tried it just now, without any Adwords login and was able to use and access keyword tool perfectly.

Few things which I could think in your situation would be the cache, cookies issue. Try clearing the cache, cookies and then using the tool.

Try using a different browser (may be chrome) and see if you can access keyword tool or not.

If possible, try using a different computer or laptop to see if it can help out.

Hope that it may be of some help for you!

Pankaj

There certainly IS a problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A big red bar across the top of the green toolbar comes up when you click on "Search":

There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved. 

Please refresh this page to try again. 

If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page.

[ Dismiss ]
I attempted no less than 6 times, both as logged in and not. I even logged in with a different account, logged out, closed the browser and came back...all to no avail.
I tried FF and the exact same error appeared.
Note, this message is 3 weeks after I see you were having the initial discussion.

I no sooner posted the error message, logged out, then tr...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I no sooner posted the error message, logged out, then tried the tool again and it worked that time. So there is a problem, but obviously isn't not consistent. I'm hoping that providing the specific error message you'll be able to run down the issue.

Re: I no sooner posted the error message, logged out, then tr...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting the same error message, will try logging in and out too. Just added to the discussion so people know more people are having the problem. I am using Firefox and Windows 7.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not loading for me too. I use Chrome. I see the top nave and then nothing below. It was working well before the update. 

In  https://adwords.google.com/select/newfeatures/WhatsNew

I get

Not Found Error 404

:-(

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here. I get Not Found with that link and the old link which I had bookmarked just loads the title bar and then it has the animation graphic that says loading for about 1 minute or so and then nothing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's not working on chrome right now, try another browser, i had the same problem, i fix it right now using firebox right now ,and then everything works.