2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

keyword research

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep getting reminders to start a campaign.  I only use the keyword planner for keyword research, not for ads.  It's confusing...I'm new at this.  Just want to do research.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: keyword research

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Mamie,

Keyword Planner is part of Google Adwords. its is basically designed to plan your search network campaign, You can search for keyword and ad group ideas, get historical statistics, see how a list of keywords might perform, and even create a new keyword list by multiplying several lists of keywords together.

That is the reason you get reminders to start a campaign because google assumes that you are doing this research for your ad campaign.

Hope this helps!

regards,
Rahul Goel

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Mamie,

Keyword Planner is part of Google Adwords. its is basically designed to plan your search network campaign, You can search for keyword and ad group ideas, get historical statistics, see how a list of keywords might perform, and even create a new keyword list by multiplying several lists of keywords together.

That is the reason you get reminders to start a campaign because google assumes that you are doing this research for your ad campaign.

Hope this helps!

regards,
Rahul Goel

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hi Mamie S,

You have selected the right tools to research keyword.  With the help of keyword planner tools you will find your potential customer for your business. No need to worry about using this tools, Google makes it user friendly. Once you start using it, it will be more easy to you. You just need to try to explore the tools. Please read the following article.

For ads, you will use your selected keyword but not keyword planner tools. You need to select appropriate landing page for your keywords, write compelling ads using your creativity. You can read it, it will help you to increase the quality of your ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704392?hl=en

If you have enough time and want to know more about google adwords, you can check it : https://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en#topic=3119071

I hope it will help,

Regards,

S M Monzurul Hasan