4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

keyword quality score issue

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My keywords quality score was suddenly reduce from high to low. What may be the reasons can anyone please explain me the issues regarding this? And i utilize all my keywords in both landing page and adcopy

Thanks & Regards,

Nandini

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thotakura N
September 2015

Re: keyword quality score issue

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Did you change the landing page recently for this ad group ?

If you track your ad group CTR for the past 7-14 days, has it dropped ?

Did you bid higher for this keyword , so that now the keyword has a higher ad position and its CTR is compared to competitors from a different ad position than before ?

For example if you used to have a good CTR for an avg. Ad position of 6 you could be having a low CTR for an Ad position of 2 and this decreases the QS.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

As I have checked my own accounts under my MCC, they all lost 3-4 QS points. The top performing keywords which had a QS of 10/10 now have a QS of 6/10 due to "Landing page experience=below average" even if nothing has happened on the website. It could be a temporary technicall issue with google, as this QS drastic decrease appears for every keyword, in every account .

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Did you change the landing page recently for this ad group ?

If you track your ad group CTR for the past 7-14 days, has it dropped ?

Did you bid higher for this keyword , so that now the keyword has a higher ad position and its CTR is compared to competitors from a different ad position than before ?

For example if you used to have a good CTR for an avg. Ad position of 6 you could be having a low CTR for an Ad position of 2 and this decreases the QS.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

As I have checked my own accounts under my MCC, they all lost 3-4 QS points. The top performing keywords which had a QS of 10/10 now have a QS of 6/10 due to "Landing page experience=below average" even if nothing has happened on the website. It could be a temporary technicall issue with google, as this QS drastic decrease appears for every keyword, in every account .

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
ok fine. thanks for your response

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nandini

Looks like Google confirmed a technical issue when changing the algorithm for Landing Page grading:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Huge-drop-in-Quality-Score/m-p/4413...

Kind Regards

Florian

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nandini,

at our request, a Google employee shared with us that the problem is most likely just an issue with Quality Score reporting and that other auction time signals of quality, such as bids, should not be affected. Nonetheless, we’ve seen cost increases of up to 250%! We have thought of some tips on how to react (see here) until the issue is fixed.