AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

keyword planner tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm new to keywords/adwords so starting from scratch. Everything I read about keywords and growing traffic talks about using the Google Adwords Keyword Planner Tool but where is it? I can't seem to access it without Google Adwords trying to make me set up and put 'live' a campaign. But I don't want to start an adwords campaign until I've researched the planner tool to help me. 

Any help much appreciated...

Andy

1 Expert replyverified_user

keyword planner tool

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Andy,

You are correct that AdWords won't let you utilize the Keyword Planner tool until you have created a campaign. The most common way to access this, in your situation, is to create ad dummy campaign and then pause it immediately. There won't be any spend and no damage done to your account. You can then keep it paused or delete it while still having access to the Keyword Planner.

hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: keyword planner tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great stuff - thank you so much. I’ll do that.

Kind regards,

Andy Youings

Marketing Manager

Tel: 01306 640980

Mob: 07905 372522

Fax: 01306 646981

Twitter: @justaddfizz

LinkedIn: Fizz Experience

[cid:1BD922D6-4E9E-4617-8A92-8AE51E868CFA]

Fizz Experience Limited trading as Fizz is a company registered in England.

Registered Office: Vine Court, Chalkpit Lane, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1AJ. United Kingdom

VAT Registration No: GB 413 9978 19 Company Reg. No: 2031289

Disclaimer

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Fizz Experience Limited unless specifically stated. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you aren’t the intended recipient, or responsible for its delivery to the intended recipient then you have received this e-mail in error and any copying, dissemination or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Whilst the sender has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments to this e-mail.

[pastedGraphic_4.pdf]