Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

keyword associated other ad in your account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My ad isn't being shown. According to the preview and diagnostics it's because...'Your ad isn't being displayed for this keyword because there may be other ads within your account that are ranked higher and have similar keywords'.

I only have one ad so how can this be?

Thanks

Paul

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: keyword associated other ad in your account

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Paul,

You are seeing this error because there might be similar keywords in your account that match the search term. Hence ad rank plays a important role here.

I understand that you have only one ad in the account, so possibily that ad is being triggered from some other ad group.

You might get more clarity from the below article:-

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/Ad-not-showing-because-of-similar...

Regards

Rohit khanna

bjecfRe: keyword associated other ad in your account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rohit,
Thanks for taking the time to answer. Sadly the article didn't help. I have one adwords account with one campaign and one ad which makes me think that...' I understand that you have only one ad in the account, so possibily that ad is being triggered from some other ad group.' doesn't apply in my case
Sorry if I'm being a bit thick.

Paul

Re: bjecfRe: keyword associated other ad in your account

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Paul,

Do you have multiple adgroups in your campaign? Are you seeing impressions for this keyword?

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Neha,

I only have one adgroup and there are no impressions

Re: keyword associated other ad in your account

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi paul,

If you have only one camaign, one ad group and 1 ad then possibly there must be an error at Google's end. I would suggest contracting Google through the helpline number and explain your issue. They will be able to help you.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Paul

I suggest you that please wait to some time & increase your bid for keywords, find impressions & then check again. As Rohit also says, which massage you are looking, It's auto generated massage on the basis of certain algorithms (conditions). It's not possible that due to only specified reasons you have not seen ad. many different reasons are possible.

Second thing that I suggest that still if you want to check (when you have got no any impression) ad preview for particular keywords & ads then try to use exact match Just for experiment & then check your ad in ad-preview. I sure You will be able to see, your ad in ad preview tool.

mohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, thanks to everyone that responded.

I spoke to google this morning and my issue has been resolved.

Paul