2.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

keyword abbreviations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wonder if I need to run phrase and exact match keywords for "24 hour" keywords as well as include the variations "24hr" & "24 hr" .  Does Google automatically account for this or do I need to run keywords for all variations, to get my ads to run?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aaron A
September 2015

Re: keyword abbreviations

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Google says they do:-

" We'll automatically show your ads for close variations of your keywords to maximize your potential to show your ads on relevant searches. Close variations include misspellings, singular and plural forms, acronyms, stemmings (such as floor and flooring), abbreviations, and accents. So there's no need to separately add close variations as keywords."

You can watch the search terms report to see the actual search queries have triggered your ads, after a while if you don't find those acronyms in the search terms report,  it worth to add them as separate keywords.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aaron A
September 2015

Re: keyword abbreviations

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Google says they do:-

" We'll automatically show your ads for close variations of your keywords to maximize your potential to show your ads on relevant searches. Close variations include misspellings, singular and plural forms, acronyms, stemmings (such as floor and flooring), abbreviations, and accents. So there's no need to separately add close variations as keywords."

You can watch the search terms report to see the actual search queries have triggered your ads, after a while if you don't find those acronyms in the search terms report,  it worth to add them as separate keywords.