3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

keyword abbreviations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My industry is full of abbreviations. When I try to create ads with the applicable abbreviations I get told that my ad is rejected due to gimmicky capitalization. MBSE fits in an ad; model based systems engineering takes up too much space.  Do I have to leave the abbreviation in lower case? Is there a way to get abbreviations approved for a campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David F
April 2017

keyword abbreviations

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @David F,

As per AdWords policies, 

Capitalization

The following is not allowed:

Not allowed Capitalization that is not used correctly or for its intended purpose

Examples: Excessive or gimmicky use of capitalization, such as the following: FLOWERS, FlOwErS, F.L.O.W.E.R.S

Note: In some circumstances, non-standard capitalization is allowed. For coupon codes, common abbreviations (such as "ASAP"), trademarks, brand names, and product names (such as AdWords) you can request a review to see if non-standard capitalization can be approved.

For your reference: Editorial Policies

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David F
April 2017

keyword abbreviations

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @David F,

As per AdWords policies, 

Capitalization

The following is not allowed:

Not allowed Capitalization that is not used correctly or for its intended purpose

Examples: Excessive or gimmicky use of capitalization, such as the following: FLOWERS, FlOwErS, F.L.O.W.E.R.S

Note: In some circumstances, non-standard capitalization is allowed. For coupon codes, common abbreviations (such as "ASAP"), trademarks, brand names, and product names (such as AdWords) you can request a review to see if non-standard capitalization can be approved.

For your reference: Editorial Policies

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’