Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if  i using broad mach in my keyword

lets say the keyword is      eBay wireless router   

and some user search        amazon wireless router  

will my ad will possibly show

4 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: jif i using broad mach in my keyword

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Most probably yes. Have a look at this article https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497828?hl=en

According to this you can see having a broad match keyword like that can goes in many ways.If you want to control these kind of situation either u can go with some other matching option ( Eg Exact Match) or simply you can add words like "Amazon" as a negative keyword.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Please  follow the community guidelines, and refrain from multiple questions on the same topic. Please ask only once, and any follow up questions in the same thread.

I merged all your questions into one discussion.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Guy A,

As @MosheTLV has pointed out, please  adhere to the community guidelines, and refrain from multiple questions on the same topic. Please ask only once, and any follow up questions in the same thread.

I have removed all instances of duplicate questions in this and other threads. 

Kathleen,
AdWords Community Manager

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Guy,

Yes, using a broad match type for your keywords will most probably lead to your ads being triggered for keywords like 'amazon wireless router' as your targeted keywords consist of the words 'wireless router'.

on the other hand, the down side of using Broad match type here would be that your ads could also get triggered for search queries like 'fix wireless router', or 'wireless router setup, etc. basically irrelevant search queries that have nothing to do with selling wireless routers.

Do try and use other restrictive match types like Exact & Phrase to ensure you show your ads to only the most relevant of audience ( if you are running a Lead based campaign).

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"