2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

issue with new setup account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could somebody please help. I have setup a campaign and as far as i can see everything should be fine... within the campaign i have green circles showing all is ok. There is no alarm / notifications telling me that there is a problem on my account but i am not even recieving any impressions never mind clicks... so its like the campaign isnt active.

Please Help

Dan

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: issue with new setup account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Dan,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

Could you check a few things:

Are the ads approved?
Have you added keywords?
Have you set a Billing Method?

Also ensure all components (ad groups, ads, keywords) of the campaign are active. Please let us know, so we can troubleshoot further.

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As extra info... when i go to the ad preview and diagnosis i get:

Displaying·ads right now?
No

Your ad isn't showing for this keyword right now. There are a number of reasons why this happens.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth

Yes the ads are approved, I have added keywords and there is an accepted billing card been inputted.

I have looked through and all of the ad groups/ads & keywords are green a couple say will not appear on first page but thats all?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi Daniel,

How long has it been since you went live with the account? If it was just a few hours ago, you need to patient and you will start accumulating data soon. Also, AdWords updates traffic data periodically after a few hours. Here is the official statement from AdWords on this:

Reporting is not real-time. Clicks and impressions received in the last three hours may not be included here.
There is an 18+ hour delay for some metrics. Time zone for all dates and times: (GMT+02:00) Nicosia. Learn more

You can see the same statement at the bottom of the page on your AdWords account interface.

I suggest you give the account sometime to garner data and then check if it still remains the same. If yes, then you should think about raising your bids to certain extent and see if that helps. If everything else fails, you can always get in touch with a Google Rep to check what is going wrong in the account.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

That is exactly what i did... I set this up on friday last week.

How do i contact google? I figured this was the place to start!

Thanks for your help.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Dan,

Support info is here. A few follow up questions: What's the campaign type you've selected and what's the status of your keywords?

- Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Hi Daniel,

You can go to your interface, look to the right top of the screen. You will see a Settings Icon there. Clicking on it will give you a drop down. You can get in touch with a Google Rep by either calling the listed number or by mailing them. 

Google Contact.png

Its up to you which one you choose. I would go with the call route first though. Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Dan,

It could be simply that your budget/bids aren't high enough to enter any auctions, and/or that your Keyword(s) are too specific to match to any searches.

Can you provide us with one example Keyword, it's match type, Max. CPC and let us know what your targeting settings are for location.

With a very small targeted location, low CPC bids, low budgets and tightly focused Keywords it's quite possible to get 0 impressions.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits