4.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

is there a way to chose the "exact spot" my ad will appear on a website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I am targeting deviantart.com as placement and i want my ad to appear exactly

here

http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/?order=134217728

in the advertising spot

is there any way to target that particular advertising spot or at least that particular page of the deviant art site

or maybe the top of a particular website

the only placement i find is deviantart.com

i havent been able to find a way no matter how hard i look and i am starting to think this option does not exist

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alejandra Paola G
February 2017

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Alejandra Paola G

You can't target a specific page like that.  There is a potential workaround in general, but I'm not sure you'll be able to accomplish it here.  You can combine other targeting methods with manual placements.  If you wanted to target a page on a site about "blue widgets," you could add the keyword "blue widgets" to your targeting parameter.  This way your ad only has the potential to serve on the site you are targeting AND has content about blue widgets.

The problem I see with your specific example is that there is no unique text on the page you are wanting to sponsor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

so the ad will appear everywhere on the website ? 

there is like zero way to control it?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Alejandra Paola G

in this instance it appears that way. I was just trying to illustrate how it's possible to develop a workaround. I'm not that familiar with the website in question.  

There are other measures of control. For example, if you're worried about the same person seeing your ad over and over as they browse site, you can set a frequency cap.  This means you're setting a limit on how many times the same user can see your ad in a given period of time which you also set.

More details on that  here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/117579?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

well thanks .... sucks =( ... thanks for your time thought