AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

is my mobile ad bringing down my CTR?

rtc
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
rtc
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello folks,

My desktop ads are performing well, but my mobiles are bringing in only 10% of my total traffic.

My question is, will those mobile ads lower my average group CTR?

Thanks,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: is my mobile ad bringing down my CTR?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi;
The main question to ask here, is whether the business you are advertising is "mobile oriented". Meaning: users also run  searches on mobile, or (just) focus on desktops. (My experience is that B2B businesses are still, mainly, searched on desktops.)

If the answer is yes, then, the next question would be do you have a mobile optimized site?
If you do - I would work on the ad-copy of the mobile optimized ad, and even (consider to) higher the mobile bid to increase / improve the CTR.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: is my mobile ad bringing down my CTR?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi rtc,

We can't answer that question without more data. What's the CTR on mobile devices and how does it compare to CTR on desktops? If the CTR is lower, yes that will lower your average group CTR. How much it lowers it depends on the ratio of impressions between desktops and mobile. Segment your report by device and see what the data tells you.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords