AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

is it possible to pre-roll my own ads on my own youtube videos?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want just my ads to roll before my videos via the format adwords uses to pre-roll commecials. Can adwords do this?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: is it possible to pre-roll my own ads on my own youtube videos?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi ninjanorm, I may have misunderstood you here but if they're your own videos why don't you just put your Ads on them yourself?  The whole point of YouTube Ads is that they allow your Ads to appear on the videos of other people because you have no control over those videos.  If you own the videos you're uploading, you can just edit your own Ads in whenever you want.

If you want clickable links you could use a Call To Action overlay or a label, title, etc.  All these are available under "Annotations" within your Video Manager.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Let me  understand:

You want your ads to run on your own YouTube channel?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

on my own videos. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi ninjanorm, I may have misunderstood you here but if they're your own videos why don't you just put your Ads on them yourself?  The whole point of YouTube Ads is that they allow your Ads to appear on the videos of other people because you have no control over those videos.  If you own the videos you're uploading, you can just edit your own Ads in whenever you want.

If you want clickable links you could use a Call To Action overlay or a label, title, etc.  All these are available under "Annotations" within your Video Manager.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

yes that's what we are doing now but it is not a viable work flow because it is too time consuming, we can't switch ads without re-uploading the video, etc. The ads are also skipable in the time line. Over all not practical. We need a simple this video will preroll this video set up.

that's why i'm asking.

Thanks for the advice on the annotations, but not what were looking for.

Ill take that as a no to my original question then.

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you ever find the answer to this? I too am looking to pre-roll my own ads. Editing them in doesn't allow for switching ads in a practical way. It would be of tremendous help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ,Did you ever find a solution for your question? I am looking now for the answer and cannot find anything online . Best. Magdalena

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, I haven't. Smiley Sad

Sent from my iPhone

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.