AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

is it okay to have eight very targeted adgroups within a campaign?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am just building a new campaign for specific products and I decided to build 8 adgroups in order to divide the different products and create very targeted keywords/ads for each one of them.

The thing that worries me is the number of the adgroups, is that not too much?

Many thanks

Oscar

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PremioOscar
September 2015

Re: is it okay to have eight very targeted adgroups within a campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi PremioOscar, 8 Ad Groups is nothing.  There are many advertisers out there who have 10s of thousands of Ad Groups.

As Calin (AdWiser) recommended to you in an earlier thread of yours, what's important is that you have an Ad Group for each theme (product), the number of Ad Groups you'll eventually have is driven by how many products or themes you have.  If you have 568 products you might have 568 Ad Groups, if you have 18,000 products you might have 18,000 Ad Groups.

Seriously 8 is a very very low number.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

It is possible and it's something only you can look at.  If you have a range of products that are very similar you may find it easier to target your Ad Groups at that more general level, rather than a precise product, and have the Destination URL go to a page that allows the user to make the final selection of which product they're interested in.

Jon

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi PremioOscar, 8 Ad Groups is nothing.  There are many advertisers out there who have 10s of thousands of Ad Groups.

As Calin (AdWiser) recommended to you in an earlier thread of yours, what's important is that you have an Ad Group for each theme (product), the number of Ad Groups you'll eventually have is driven by how many products or themes you have.  If you have 568 products you might have 568 Ad Groups, if you have 18,000 products you might have 18,000 Ad Groups.

Seriously 8 is a very very low number.

Jon

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I agree with Jon!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Jon!

That is great and because I work for e-commerce it will make things easier considering that the account I am managing isn't structured properly, at least by the look of it because it's actually my first time working on a PPC account.

Thanks a lot

Oscar

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

By the way, the company sells very niche product and some of them have almost the same features and I am struggling to find other keywords because the traffic is not even close to an acceptable number and for keywords too specific just doesn't work.

My concern is that once the campaign is launched the ads may mix because of the similar keywords in the adgroups.

Is that possible?

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

It is possible and it's something only you can look at.  If you have a range of products that are very similar you may find it easier to target your Ad Groups at that more general level, rather than a precise product, and have the Destination URL go to a page that allows the user to make the final selection of which product they're interested in.

Jon