Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: is companion banner free?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Agree with Moshe & Ahmed here, Companion Banners are free of cost and you are not charged for the click on them either. It is a great ad on for you on Youtube and can help you get your messaging across in a much better and efficient manner.

You can read more about it here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/187096?hl=en &
https://support.google.com/displayspecs/answer/187449

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
I am afraid, this is not true Ian.

We have confirmed this with our Google Rep's multiple times and have been assured that a click on the Companion Banner is not charged.

Unless, the YouTube policies have changed in the last month or so, I don't think the Google Rep you spoke to is right. Are you sure, you were talking about the YouTube Companion Banners and not generic banners on YouTube?

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I decided to call Google support again. The tech initially confirmed that the ad clicks were charged for so asked her if she could support it with some documentation. I was put on hold several times and the call lasted 50 minutes! She finally came back and said that the clicks were NOT CHARGED for. You were right!
Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
To my recollection - if this has not changed - there is no additional charge for "companion banners". They are optional, and offer the user the option to click, while watching the video.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, it's free.. there is no extra cost for the companion banner to show with your in-stream video. Even the clicks of the companion banner are free as well.You’re charged only per view.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Agree with Moshe & Ahmed here, Companion Banners are free of cost and you are not charged for the click on them either. It is a great ad on for you on Youtube and can help you get your messaging across in a much better and efficient manner.

You can read more about it here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/187096?hl=en &
https://support.google.com/displayspecs/answer/187449

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just called Adwords support and the rep told me they definitely DO charge for the clicks.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
I am afraid, this is not true Ian.

We have confirmed this with our Google Rep's multiple times and have been assured that a click on the Companion Banner is not charged.

Unless, the YouTube policies have changed in the last month or so, I don't think the Google Rep you spoke to is right. Are you sure, you were talking about the YouTube Companion Banners and not generic banners on YouTube?

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm absolutely positive we were talking about the companion banners and he said they definitely charge. I've been going back and forth with an associate about this because he was told they were free.

I'm going to call again today and report back. It would be nice to clear this up and know for sure.

Thanks!

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Yes, Do keep us in the loop here.

Appreciate it!

Shashank
Cheers,
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I decided to call Google support again. The tech initially confirmed that the ad clicks were charged for so asked her if she could support it with some documentation. I was put on hold several times and the call lasted 50 minutes! She finally came back and said that the clicks were NOT CHARGED for. You were right!
Thanks!

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Thanks for the confirmation Ian!

50 Minutes on a call to confirm this, amazing! Smiley Happy

Shashank
Cheers,