AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

impression suddenly dropped

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I used to get Lot of Impressions but from last 3 days number of Impressions dropped by 60%. What may be the cause and how do I troubleshoot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author hemanth
November 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

One way to answer the question:

First I would determine if something has gone wrong or changed internally, inside the campaign.  The ad diagnostic tool, and all 3 columns of Est. bid levels, would be a good place to start. 

Second, the market for your ads may have shifted due to a large competitor entering the market and knocking you off page 1.  This should show up in the Est. page 1 bid estimate, however I would also use Google search and enter your search terms, studying paid search results on page 1. 

Also i would study the hourly click pattern over the past 3 weeks and see if something has shifted, e.g. a competitor clicking on ads and burning your click budget early with repeated clicks.  IP address logs for your website should be looked over. 

A good interview question!

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello hemanth k 

How is your budget? How are your ads? have you changed anything recently? 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hell Terry,

This question was asked to me in a interview, so wanted to know the answer

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author hemanth
November 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

One way to answer the question:

First I would determine if something has gone wrong or changed internally, inside the campaign.  The ad diagnostic tool, and all 3 columns of Est. bid levels, would be a good place to start. 

Second, the market for your ads may have shifted due to a large competitor entering the market and knocking you off page 1.  This should show up in the Est. page 1 bid estimate, however I would also use Google search and enter your search terms, studying paid search results on page 1. 

Also i would study the hourly click pattern over the past 3 weeks and see if something has shifted, e.g. a competitor clicking on ads and burning your click budget early with repeated clicks.  IP address logs for your website should be looked over. 

A good interview question!