AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

image ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I would like to post my image ad on different websites which I chosed in taget network, Do i need to ask every website what format do they support? and creat a separate ad for each of them, or I can find this info on Adwords?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vladimir L
September 2015

Re: image ad

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vladimir,
Welcome to the AdWords Community! No, fortunately you don't need to ask every website owner what ad sizes they accept, you can find out using Google's Display Planner.   Using the Display Planner, you can discover new sites to advertise on and also see what size ad formats specific Placements accept.

As a best practice, it's best to create Image Ad in multiple sizes, as long as you have the creative assets.  Uploading multiple ad sizes and multiple ad formats will give you the best opportunity to display your Ads to your target audience.

Finally, besides you going through and choosing specific Placements, via the Google Display Network you can also use Contextual Targeting, Remarketing, and/or Topic Targeting to extend your Reach.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Valdimir,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. The Image size and format requirements depend on where you plan to show your ad -- websites on desktop browsers or on mobile devices.

Check out https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722096?hl=en

please let us know if you have query .....
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vladimir L
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vladimir,
Welcome to the AdWords Community! No, fortunately you don't need to ask every website owner what ad sizes they accept, you can find out using Google's Display Planner.   Using the Display Planner, you can discover new sites to advertise on and also see what size ad formats specific Placements accept.

As a best practice, it's best to create Image Ad in multiple sizes, as long as you have the creative assets.  Uploading multiple ad sizes and multiple ad formats will give you the best opportunity to display your Ads to your target audience.

Finally, besides you going through and choosing specific Placements, via the Google Display Network you can also use Contextual Targeting, Remarketing, and/or Topic Targeting to extend your Reach.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Vladimir,

To add a bit to Brian's great answer, I would say if you want your ad to appear in as many places as possible, consider creating text ads in addition to image ads. I've noticed that Google often serves these in image ad blocks.