Guide Me
star_border

image ad location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am wanting to have my banner ads advertised on a site www.example.com/here

The problem is, there are to banner ads... One at the top of the page and one at the bottom... and I only want my banner ad to appear on the top of the page.

The reason for this is I am doing a CPM and the one at the top will likely get more clicks

Thanks Smiley Happy

Mike

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike T
September 2015

Re: image ad location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

Try this:

In your Display Network campaign where you have added your banner ads, use the Site category options and exclude Ad Location Below the Fold. This would mean that the AdWords system will only try to show your ad on top or in the first fold of the page depending upon various factors like Ad Rank and Quality Score. But this would also mean that your ad won't appear in bottom section of the Placement page since you have excluded that placement position.

More details around this can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3306596?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike T
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mike,

Try this:

In your Display Network campaign where you have added your banner ads, use the Site category options and exclude Ad Location Below the Fold. This would mean that the AdWords system will only try to show your ad on top or in the first fold of the page depending upon various factors like Ad Rank and Quality Score. But this would also mean that your ad won't appear in bottom section of the Placement page since you have excluded that placement position.

More details around this can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3306596?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks so much Pankaj!

That's exactly what I was looking for Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor