1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

image ad (create an ad in adwrods)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hallo .. i need help from ppc experts i have few questions about adwrodss..

1)we have option in adwords to create image ad now my question is is it recommended  ? because i cant know witch size serving better or getting the most impressions .. because they shows you 1 ad with responsive sizes i want some information about this .. because as you know the sizes that this tool are giving its not normal sizes as the placements sizes !

hope for help thank you .,,

Spoiler
Cat Indifferent

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author maya p
November 2015

Re: image ad (create an ad in adwrods)

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hey Maya,

1) Quality Score is calculated every time your ad participate an auction, even if your ad does not appear for the user. Hence, it's being calculated every time. The number you see on your account is just an average. If it didn't change from 6, it doesn't mean that it's not being calculated, it just means that your current QS is actual 6.

This article have very useful information about Quality Score:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

2) I will be quoting Google Help center Article here: "This status predicts whether your keyword is likely to lead to a click on your ads. We take into account how well your keyword has performed in the past, based on your ad's position. The expected clickthrough rate (CTR) we provide for a keyword in your account is an estimate based on the assumption that the search term will match that keyword exactly. At auction time (when someone's search terms triggers one of your ads), AdWords calculates a more accurate expected CTR based on the search terms, type of device, and other auction-time factors."

You can check full information about expected CTR, here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1659696?hl=en

Regarding being Good, QS is not just a matter of having good CTR%, it's a connection between your keywords > ads > URL. Those three mus talk about the same thing. That's why having a good account structure will provide the hability with much more deeper and focused ads tied to the keywords.

Take a look at the QS article, you can get very good insights on things you should improve.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Maya, how are things?

"Is it recommended to create image ads?"

It certainly is, but like everything campaign you do online, you need do PLAN and check every information.

There's no way for us to tell exactly which format will perform better, because that depends on way too many factors. The format that performs better for you may not be the same that performs better for me.

The best thing to do in this case is to create all the traditional sizes and test them out from across a month or two. This will give enough analytical data to compare everything and take action.

You call check for the most common image ads sizes here:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

You can also use Google Web Designer Tool to create your banners, here:

https://www.google.com/webdesigner/

Hope this can help.

Cheers,

Leandro Martinez

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
i know but im asking here about google designer tool .! its not giving the sizes that usually recommended for sites .. im asking if to make image ads in google designer tool its good ?
because as i saw its giving 1 size that responsive .

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Maya,

You didn't mention Google Web Designer Tool on your original post, so there was no way for us to know that you were talking about that Smiley Very Happy

But yeah, it's good to create image ads inside Google Designer Tool. It gives you a lot of possibilities and flexibility, specially for a "non designer" person.

You have the option to create 1 responsive size, but you can also create individual sizes if you wish to. This page can help on that:
https://support.google.com/webdesigner/answer/3261498?hl=en

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hey .. i need help here :\\
i have two simple questions ..
1) i wanna ask you .. when adwords will start calculating the q.s .. because i still have the default q.s 6/10 ..
2)i have ctr 5% and in my quality score 'Expected clickthrough rate' below average ... very low !
how it possible ..?? how google calculate Expected clickthrough rate ? by what ? what it need to good ?
thank you
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author maya p
November 2015

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hey Maya,

1) Quality Score is calculated every time your ad participate an auction, even if your ad does not appear for the user. Hence, it's being calculated every time. The number you see on your account is just an average. If it didn't change from 6, it doesn't mean that it's not being calculated, it just means that your current QS is actual 6.

This article have very useful information about Quality Score:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

2) I will be quoting Google Help center Article here: "This status predicts whether your keyword is likely to lead to a click on your ads. We take into account how well your keyword has performed in the past, based on your ad's position. The expected clickthrough rate (CTR) we provide for a keyword in your account is an estimate based on the assumption that the search term will match that keyword exactly. At auction time (when someone's search terms triggers one of your ads), AdWords calculates a more accurate expected CTR based on the search terms, type of device, and other auction-time factors."

You can check full information about expected CTR, here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1659696?hl=en

Regarding being Good, QS is not just a matter of having good CTR%, it's a connection between your keywords > ads > URL. Those three mus talk about the same thing. That's why having a good account structure will provide the hability with much more deeper and focused ads tied to the keywords.

Take a look at the QS article, you can get very good insights on things you should improve.

Hope this helps.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
i understand but the quality score needs any spacefic number of impression to act ?
like 1000 search term impressions .. ??
and i wanna ask you if i have alot of competetion
how i should bring leads ? when more 100 company is running also the same keywords as mine ..\
( its finance market)
thank u

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hey Maya,

About the quality score, it does not depend on Impressions, it is based on Auction. Every time a user search for something, an Auction occur for Google to determine each advertiser will show for the users. If your keywords/ads participates on the auction, your quality score is recalculated, even if your ad does not appear. Your QS will be recalculated from the simply fact that your were in the Auction.

About the keywords, If you are having tight competition, it would be best to try other keywords, as well as use the best as possible somethings like:

- Keywords Match Types
- Negative Keywords
- Ad Schedule

I think that this post may be of great help to you:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/wine-bar/m-p/474662/highlight/fal...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
you mean that when users search for my keywords exactly how i choosed them ?
lets say i have keywords with phrase match "trade gold" , only if the user search for this keywords "trade gold" will calculate ? or even if he search for 'trade gold today' it also will calculate because i had "trade gold" in phrase match ?
the search term need to be exactly as my keywrods ? or also if it contains more words ?
thank u

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
Hi Maya,

The search term will match depending on which match type you have your keywords set to, and any match which your keyword is eligible to enter an auction for (ex. the search trade gold today and your keyword "trade gold") will recalculate the quality score. This is part of the reason why broad match keywords often have lower quality scores--they can show up for such a huge number of searches that the quality score is lower when those keywords are matched to irrelevant searches.

Does that answer your question?
Cassie