AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

iam new and have doubt with Adword Groups and keywords placing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ,

I am new user to Adwords and have a doubt.I am stating in example format

I am fixing a budget of "X" to a campaign "Y"

I am planning for two Ad groups a&b one with text ad  landing to home page  and another group ad

to services page.

and I have selected some keywords and planning to use with different match types.

can I use all the keywords related to Ad group "a" with different match types in one group and same process for another adgroup

please suggest

2 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes.

If you are using different match types, then that works fine.

If you are using the exact same match types and keywords in both ad groups, then they will compete against each other.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Advanced-Features/will-two-same-keywords-in-two-ad-groups-...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Actually -- Use one ad group (with your multiple match types) and then have 2 ads with your different landing pages rotating evenly.

Only separate your ad groups if you have a different keyword theme, which would require unique ad copy and/or a unique landing page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi thanks for the reply,

I am planning  one adgroup for home page and another one for services which will have keyword related to services.

What I have understood is if I use services keywords then ad copy should be related to services right?

or can I use all keywords in one adgroup and use two different text ads, will that work? one related to services and other for home page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi thanks for reply

can I use all keywords in one adgroup and use two different text ads, will that work? one related to services and other for home page

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Sri,

Different advertisers work differently around how the grouping should be made. In nut shell, you should have similar theme keywords grouped together, so that when you are writing text ads, you are clear on what the content should be. Of course the combination of your keywords, ad copies and landing page is a win-win situation. As far as the match type goes, it all depends upon how you want to go about it i.e. whether adding all match types together or separating them in different ad groups per match type. Here's one doc explaining how you should structure your account: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6372655?hl=en 

My 2 cents!

Pankaj