4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

i dont have any TAN number now..what to fill there

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i dont have any TAN number now..what to fill there..it shows my account is not active

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: i dont have any TAN number now..what to fill there

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Varun,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

In India, a Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number (TAN) is a 10 digit alphanumeric number issued to persons who are required to deduct or collect tax on payments made by them under the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961

Having said that, if you are an individual and not a company, you are not required to fill in TAN in your AdWords' billing profile. This field is optional, so leave it blank. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks Ratan for the Response. I am very new to this google adwords community. I have one query . You seems the experienced one into google adwords. So if I am not wrong would you please let me know how the digital marketing agencies in India earn from google adwords. It seems very insight detail but i need to know this. I saw some indian companies offer Adwords of Rs. 15,000 with same value of adwords of 15,000. I also searched a lot in the internet but doesn't find any appropriate answer regarding this. I just aware about it that having an MCC Account, google offers some vouchers and coupons but yet not very clear. Would you let me know what is the idea behind that ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Varun,

Agencies and Experts charge for AdWords campaigns setup, optimization, management, and monitoring. Such fees are additional to their Advertising budgets paid to Google. For instance, if I manage someone's AdWords account who spends say INR 50,000 per month, I would charge an additional management fee.

Now if you ask how much would I or any agency or expert would charge - there's no definite answer. But usually, such fees are a certain percentage of the total monthly budget.  So, if I would charge 15%, it would be INR 7500. Hence the client's total monthly expenses would be INR 57500.

About coupons/vouchers - Google distributes vouchers to their certified experts and agencies to encourage new advertisers. Such coupons can be  used on new accounts only and there are more guidelines for their usage. You can refer to the article below for more information on promotional coupons -

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/Demystifying-the-Google-AdWords-Promotional-Codes-or...

If you still have any question, do not hesitate to ask. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Ratan Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi ratan
Hi ratan, I am in the process of starting an advertising agency. I have applied for a service tax registration but I don't understand the tan part. Let's say I am paying for all credit card transactions of my clients then when I create adwords accounts through mac, what do I do about the tan numb. Also let's say I too want to advertise my agency then how is the tan number applicable. Please guide me with this.
I am an

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Parul,

TAN number is an optional field even if you are using AdWords as an individual. Accordingly Tax Rules of Indian Government if you are liable to deduct TDS, you must have a TAN. If you do not, you don't need a TAN. This is reason AdWords does not force you to enter one while registration.

Talk to your Tax Consultant if you need TAN, if you need, enter it in AdWords, if you don't, ignore it. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So even if I am a business, I can choose individual, is that right??

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Well, AdWords does not put any restriction on it, so you can. But again, it is about how you manage your tax portfolio. Even when you use it as an Individual, you are under tax circumference as you would be making all payments from your cards/banks. 

Also, using an MCC Account, you will have a business profile with AdWords as well. So, things would be more in order if you choose use AdWords as an business entity. However, there's no restriction as such. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan-Jha
I dont have credit card but i have debit card, so can i fill debit card details?