4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

i am not able to follow my remarketing banner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i am  not able to follow my remarketing banner when i click my website by adwords and clicks any other network site. it doesnt follow.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: i am not able to follow my remarketing banner

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. Regarding your remarketing issue, can you please verify if your AdWords account is showing your Remarketing tag is active or not? To do this, follow these steps:

1. Login to your AdWords account.
  2. Go to the Campaigns tab.
  3. Click on Shared library.
  4. Click on Audiences.
  5. In the Audiences section, look for the Remarketing Tag box. It should tell you if your tag is active or not [see example screenshot]. 

remarketingtag_status.png

If your Remarketing tag is active then your remarketing list should be working.

If it is not active, you may want to re-check the steps that you used to insert your remarketing tag on your website. Please go to the following page which explains how to create a remarketing list here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

Re: i am not able to follow my remarketing banner

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Vinay
Unfortunately, finding your ad on Display Network is quiet difficult as compared to look for your ad on Search Network. As suggested by John, please verify that your Re-marketing tag is active. If it is active then, there are several other reason that are preventing you ad from following you.
#1 Your re-marketing list should have 100 active visitors within the last 30 days before you can show an ad to people on the list when they visit a Display Network site.

#2 You are targeting location id different from your physical location which is also prevent your ad to follow you.

#3 The cookie that works for the re-marketing campaign, uniquely identifies a web browser on a specific computer, not a person.

#4 If none of the above cases are the reasons then, go the ADS tab of the re-marketing campaign and download the report for the ads segmented by the placements /keywords option in the segment tab and look for the placements which are getting higher impressions and then visit those placements with the same browser from which you have visited the website.

Hope this Helps!

Abhishek