AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how to stop clicks from india, we are just a local business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have set our Targetting to just 6km around our local suburb yet we are still getting Adword clicks from India (just people trying to sell us SEO).  How can we keep the impressions solely in our local area?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to stop clicks from india, we are just a local business

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Alan,

You are not the first to issue this question and there are a few ways to tackle this.

Primarily, please view the following helpdesk information, which deals with excluding locations: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722040?hl=en-GB

I would recommend trying this first and see the results.

There are other possibles that still may see you recieve clicks from india, but lets start with excluding these targets first.

Please feel to message me / keep me updated on here so we may help assist you.

James

Re: how to stop clicks from india, we are just a local business

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Alan,

It's all in your geo-targeting settings. Excluding area seems like the long way around this. Set your geo-targeting area to your local area. Don't make it too small or you won't get any impressions. Then set targeting to "People within my target area". That will show your ad only to people in your local area.

Unfortunately, that will not necessarily stop form spam from SEO companies in India. They could always set their browser location to your local area to see your ads. But it will cut down on the number you get.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords