4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how to see parameter type from the crm

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hallo guys i need some help in here about how can i see in my CRM the name of the campaign and that it's from adwrods .. i mean the {parameter}  .

i dont think that from the utm parameter of google analytics ..

if someone could help and know about this please help me ..

thank you Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to see parameter type from the crm

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Maya
What you're looking for is valuetrack parameters.
Here's everything you need: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en

You'll need to enlist the help of your developer if you want to pull the data into your CRM though.

Hope that helps.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hey Maya,

Adding to what Dave have said, the ValueTracks parameters doesn't have one exclusive parameter for the Campaign NAME, only for the Campaign ID, which sometimes it's very hard to find.

What some people do, it's to include the ValueTrack for {keyword} on the URL, and assuming you follow the best practice of not having duplicated keywords in your account, it would be easy to get the keyword and follow the reverse path to find your campaign.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
hi.. like if i add to the final url (lets say i have display campaign) i should add http://www.example.com/?target={target}&placement={placement} . then i can see from where i got the lead from witch site ? ..
but my question is, this link is going to be in final url how it will calculate leads ? because the conversion tracking is in the thank you page ..
my goal here is to see in my CRM the data from where the lead comes from .. witch site ? witch keywords ..
i still cant understand because as i said the valuetrack in in the final url (landing page) that mean it will calculate all the traffic and not the conversions

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hey Maya,

Your example for Display placements is correct.

The idea is to have on your URL every useful and detailed information as possible regarding your campaigns. That's what ValueTrack is suited for.

Now, your CRM will have to integrate and READ your urls once the user becomes a lead. Something like your CRM saing: "Lead Received. I see that this lead is for a gentleman called John, with e-mail john@gmail.com. Let me check where did John came from.....He came from a placemente called {placement} and was targeted by {target}" Where those { } parameters will be replaced for whatever was on John's entrance URL.

Well, english is not my first language so sorry for any misleading information. Hope this helps and let me know if there's any doubts on it.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
@leandrofm Your English is PERFECT Smiley Happy Keep at it. You explained it perfectly.

@Maya P As Leandro said, you'll have to code this up yourself. AdWords will pass the data to the URL of your landing page for you but it's up to you to programmatically extract that and import it into your CRM. You'll definitely need a developer or some server side programming skills to do this.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
great but how u will know where the lead comes from of witch placement ?
if in the crm don't give you this option to see the landing page .. ?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
humm i understand thank you very much Smiley Happy) you really helping me every time thanx again .

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

@Dave_Davis Thanks Smiley Very Happy

@maya p Well, if you have a placement on your lead information, you can automatically assume that it's from Display because ValueTrack only works for Google Adwords campaigns. But this can cause some trouble if you're running multiple types of media. In that case, I'd suggest for you to manually enter one source parameters that can be recorded by your CRM. Something like "&userSource=GoogleSearch", then your CRM would record "GoogleSearch" as the source, and you change that accordingly to which network/media you're using.