2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how to remove fake clicks on my website that last for 0 minutes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i did ppc of my website but i got two fake clicks which last 0 minutes on my website but i have  been charged for it according to per click cost. so what should i do to avoid fake clicks as i am not getting conversion out of it

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: how to remove fake clicks on my website that last for 0 minutes

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Technical,

Google has filtering & detection systems in place for invalid clicks. You can see how many invalid clicks you receive by adding the 'invalid clicks' column in your Adwords account. Ad the report by clicking on the 'columns' tab/icon at account/campaign level. The invalid clicks column shows clicks that your were 'not' charged for & an indication of how Googles technology has filtered these clicks.

If you suspect that your account is affected by invalid click activity, we'll be happy to investigate your account. However, many suspected cases of invalid clicks are actually the result of valid reasons for increases in click activity. For instance, an increase in your clicks or cost could be due to your ads showing more often on the network or could be due to an increase in your daily budget. Very often, simple checks in your account can help you to immediately identify the reason for a traffic fluctuation and make campaign adjustments to improve your return-on-investment (ROI). 

Click on this link if you would like to have Google check your invalid click activity.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Technical,

Google has filtering & detection systems in place for invalid clicks. You can see how many invalid clicks you receive by adding the 'invalid clicks' column in your Adwords account. Ad the report by clicking on the 'columns' tab/icon at account/campaign level. The invalid clicks column shows clicks that your were 'not' charged for & an indication of how Googles technology has filtered these clicks.

If you suspect that your account is affected by invalid click activity, we'll be happy to investigate your account. However, many suspected cases of invalid clicks are actually the result of valid reasons for increases in click activity. For instance, an increase in your clicks or cost could be due to your ads showing more often on the network or could be due to an increase in your daily budget. Very often, simple checks in your account can help you to immediately identify the reason for a traffic fluctuation and make campaign adjustments to improve your return-on-investment (ROI). 

Click on this link if you would like to have Google check your invalid click activity.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Technical S,

These visits are not necessarily invalid clicks, and the data does not really indicate they spent no time on your page. These are Bounces.

A bounce is when the visitor clicks on no links internal to your site. Analytics is unable to measure the time spent on a page in this case, so they report 0 seconds. Again, it does not mean the visitor spent 0 seconds on your page.

Clicks will not always convert. Just because the visitor did not convert it does not mean it was an invalid click. More likely the keyword or ad brought a visitor that was not interested in the offer presented by your landing page. You can delete the keyword, change your ad, or change the landing page.

Two clicks is not enough data to work with.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Learning Analytics is an important beautiful part of managing AdWords accounts.

Embedding this script in your analytics code reveal how much time those 1 page visits actually are (after you insert the javascript) :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Measure-results/40-50-of-Visitors-are-spending-0-00-sec-on-l...