AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how to make an iphone app add without hitting trademark violation validation issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

any feedback on how to make an iphone app add without hitting trademark violation validation issue?  I had "iphone" in the title of the add and I got a trademark validation issue.   I assume this was the reason (well I also had as the URL the direct link to itunes such that it brought up the app). 

Assuming this was the case how would you create an ad for an iPhone without using the word "iPhone"?

Re: how to make an iphone app add without hitting trademark violation validation issue

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Greg,

I'm afraid you posted your question at wrong forum, this is Google Adwords help forum you can discuss here about adwords problems, issues, best practices etc.

Dinesh
My Blog

Re: how to make an iphone app add without hitting trademark violation validation issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

oh dear - which forum would you recommend for this question?  thank you

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

hi greg,

well i think u landed on the right forum... yes adwords policy wont allow us to use trademark in adtext. i have seen on google most of the advertisers use such type of ad text if they want to promote iphone or iphone accessories.. ApplePhone, i-phone etc... so u can use such type of words i don't think so google will stop you showing, because many advertisers are already using. i hope the below link will give you more detailed information...

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=144298

Thanks,

Shazen

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Greg,

Sorry, i misunderstood your question. The ads you see has got trademark approval form Apple and trademark policy vary country to country and regions. In addition to Shazen helpful link please read Trademark Policy for ads for more information.

Dinesh
My Blog

Re: how to make an iphone app add without hitting trademark violation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I found that once removed the words iphone and ipad from my ad text it got approved as opposed to approved (limited).