1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how to link placement planner plan to existing ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I assigned a name to the results of my placement planner research since none of my campaigns appeared to be selectable options thinking I could go back and link those findings to an existing campaign and discover that I created a new ad group, which I do not want. Any idea how to merge the two? I spent a lot of time using the planner.

The first question should be, when using the planner, how does one link it to the ad group you were in when you selected that as a placement tool!!!

Mahalo

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nick D
December 2015

Re: how to link placement planner plan to existing ad group

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Nick,

After adding the placements to your plan by >>, you will see different options as symbols(including download plan, save to account, frequency capping, delete plan) just below "set bid and budget" tab under forecast.
Hover the mouse there to check, select the 2nd i.e save to account.

Now you will have 3 options as:

• Create a new campaign
  • Add ideas to an existing campaign
  • Merge ideas with one existing ad group

Select the one as per your desire and click save and continue.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nick D
December 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Nick,

After adding the placements to your plan by >>, you will see different options as symbols(including download plan, save to account, frequency capping, delete plan) just below "set bid and budget" tab under forecast.
Hover the mouse there to check, select the 2nd i.e save to account.

Now you will have 3 options as:

• Create a new campaign
  • Add ideas to an existing campaign
  • Merge ideas with one existing ad group

Select the one as per your desire and click save and continue.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Archit. It's obvious now but I did not understand that..the use of icons in that manner is not common in adwords so I am like a monkey learning new button formats. I ended up just creating new ads etc with the name I had given..had to get it done but now I know how to save it the other ads...then move on to other stuff like...duplicating the settings of that to the other existing campaigns...I mean all targeting and exclusion settings. LOL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How does one contact you. I can't figure that out. My targeting has now become so detailed and complex I do need to bring some targets and exclusions to other campaigns but not the ones that are unique to just one campaign. There are many facets to this questionSmiley Happy

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
You can post here any query related to adwords, You will get the solution to every issue.

Regards