Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how to improve my keywords quality score

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

1. How to improve my quality score for my keywords?

2. AndI am running five campaigns . the keywords in Fourth campign showing First campaign ad . how to overcome this problem

pls help me with this issue.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: how to improve my keywords quality score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Digital M,

#1 The primary element of Quality Score is CTR (Click-Through-Rate) so normally the quickest way to improve QS is to improve the CTR of the Keywords.  To do this will usually mean a combination of using negative Keywords and improving your Ad text to make the Ads more attractive.  Increasing Ad Position can also help as Ads in higher positions tend to attract a higher CTR.

#2  There's no way an Ad from one Campaign can show for Keywords in another so the most likely thing happening here is that you have Keywords in the fourth Campaign that could also match Keywords in the first Campaign and in fact it's the Keyword in the first Campaign that's matching the search query.

For example, if you had:

+buy +red +shoes +online in the fourth Campaign and

"shoes online" in the first

a search for "buy nice red shoes online" could match either Keyword.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: how to improve my keywords quality score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Digital M,

#1 The primary element of Quality Score is CTR (Click-Through-Rate) so normally the quickest way to improve QS is to improve the CTR of the Keywords.  To do this will usually mean a combination of using negative Keywords and improving your Ad text to make the Ads more attractive.  Increasing Ad Position can also help as Ads in higher positions tend to attract a higher CTR.

#2  There's no way an Ad from one Campaign can show for Keywords in another so the most likely thing happening here is that you have Keywords in the fourth Campaign that could also match Keywords in the first Campaign and in fact it's the Keyword in the first Campaign that's matching the search query.

For example, if you had:

+buy +red +shoes +online in the fourth Campaign and

"shoes online" in the first

a search for "buy nice red shoes online" could match either Keyword.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits