AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how to find the my account tab

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just learned that my website does not support google ads therefore when google add a gclid index to my URL and  it becomes unavailable and a 404 error message appears. I was told to turn auto tagging off. I might just pe a prized idiot but I could not even find the MY ACCOUNT tab in my add word account. Also if I turn auto tagging off I will loose all the data on keywords and clicks. At this point I don't mind about it too much. Please let me know where is the "my account"  tab. It is not in my gear drop down menu for sure. Thank you for reading this. and I am sorry if this is such a no brainer question.

Re: how to find the my account tab

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Anita,

As far I understand your question you want to know how to turn off auto tagging in your adwords account. so to turn off auto tagging click on the settings drop down on the top right of your adwords and go to account settings. you will find it in account preferences under tracking.

hope this helps

regards,
Rahul Goel

Re: how to find the my account tab

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anita S,

It seems your website doesn't allow arbitrary URL parameters. For switching on/off the autotagging, follow this link https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3095550?hl=en

If you have to switch off auto-tagging feature, you can still get more information about your ads using ValueTrack parameters. Follow this link, Track Clicks with ValueTrack

Thanks!