Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how to choose suitable websites for display ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I am in the process of learning and understanding Display advertising.

How do I go about choosing suitable websites for my display ads, if GDN doesn't give me suitable sites to use?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: how to choose suitable websites for display ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Stefano, welcome to the Community.

I'm not sure I understand your comment about the GDN not giving you suitable sites to use; can you explain please?

If you're not able to find sites yourself manually - and the Placement Tool/Display Planner will help with that - then one way to find suitable sites is to merely target via interest, topic or Keywords and then review the sites chosen automatically by Google to evaluate their performance.  As you gather data you can exclude sites that perform poorly and promote sites that do well to be "managed" sites.  There's no set time period in which this can happen but as long as your topic of interest is reasonably popular you could get some significant data within only a couple of days.

More about the Display Planner

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: how to choose suitable websites for display ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Stefano, welcome to the Community.

I'm not sure I understand your comment about the GDN not giving you suitable sites to use; can you explain please?

If you're not able to find sites yourself manually - and the Placement Tool/Display Planner will help with that - then one way to find suitable sites is to merely target via interest, topic or Keywords and then review the sites chosen automatically by Google to evaluate their performance.  As you gather data you can exclude sites that perform poorly and promote sites that do well to be "managed" sites.  There's no set time period in which this can happen but as long as your topic of interest is reasonably popular you could get some significant data within only a couple of days.

More about the Display Planner

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits