AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how to choose keywords match type for search campaign ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone,

Please help me...I have few questions about Keywords match type:

- We have 4 keywords match type like... Broad, Broad match modifier, Phrase, Exact. So how we select the profitable match type for our keywords.

- It is a good strategy to put the keywords in 1 ads group using 4 match types ? If not then why ? and if  yes then why ?

- We want to run the ad campaign only in search network , So what kind of keywords we choose , Where we use BMM match type.

please reply me your best answers . Thanks in advance ............

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how to choose keywords match type for search campaign ?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Aravind,

If you are running all the keywords at this moment you can run a search term report and include keyword column there. After that select which keywords has brought you revenue and bookings through the search term report.

Having all kind of keyword match types isnt a problem. But by having everything in one campaign wouldn't serve your purpose. You can always separate them to different adgroups and use experiment campaigns to test which ones going to work better against each other.

Re: how to choose keywords match type for search campaign ?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
To each there own. I would follow Nisal's advice about the Keyword Search Query.

I like to keep all the keyword match types together in one Ad group so that their is a sync between the Ad Copy , Landing page and keyword.

What i do however is sclupt the auction by applying different bids to each match type.

Initial ad group set up may be something like this:

[My Keyword] = Bid - $1.50
"My keyword" Bid $1.35
+my +keyword Bid - $1.25
My Keyword - Bid $1.15

I also look to see what the initial Quality Scores are. Within a week and reviewing the search query reports as well as CTR, I might drop the Phrase and either one of the BBM or Broad match bases on results.

So my Adgroup my end up looking like this:
[My Keyword] = Bid - $1.50
+my +keyword Bid - $1.25

The thing you need to test based upon your geo targeted area, message, competition and keyword choices. Let the data make the decisions for you.