AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how to avoid pre-roll ads? 36 cents and 3900 views??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have an ad that i ran for a short video, and I realize that the title card looks GREAT and it will perform well but NOT AS A PRE-ROLL ad...

so far, it is strange. It says that the spend for the ad is like 36 cents, but that i have 3900 "views" (the ad says this, the analytics say 75 views) so i think that this ad is being served as a pre-roll and skipped because it lacks a hook that i would need to get interaction and for them to watch.

When i created the ad (my first) i defined that i wanted to get it on the side, above the related videos... did not happen i guess.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steven C
September 2015

Re: how to avoid pre-roll ads? 36 cents and 3900 views??

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Steven,

Thanks for posting your question on AdWords community. We will be happy to help you Smiley Happy.

Looking at your question it looks like you do not want to serve your video ads as pre-roll or in in-stream format.

It looks like at the time of creating video ad you have selected your video ad to serve in all formats.

Don't worry! You can now go head and remove the in-stream format and serve the ad in-display format so that the ads can show up in top under recommended videos.

Please follow the following steps.

1. Log into your AdWords account.
2. Go to "All Video Campaigns".
3. Click on the campaign name under which you have created the ad.
4. Now at the center of the page under "Ads" tab, click on the blue color link "Segment by Format" to see the performance of your video ad in each format.
5. Now hover your mouse on the ad and you will see a pencil icon. Click on the pencil icon to edit the ad.
6. Click on "Yes, I understand".
7. Now you will see an option to uncheck in-stream format so that your ads will not serve as pre-roll.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rahul

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steven C
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Steven,

Thanks for posting your question on AdWords community. We will be happy to help you Smiley Happy.

Looking at your question it looks like you do not want to serve your video ads as pre-roll or in in-stream format.

It looks like at the time of creating video ad you have selected your video ad to serve in all formats.

Don't worry! You can now go head and remove the in-stream format and serve the ad in-display format so that the ads can show up in top under recommended videos.

Please follow the following steps.

1. Log into your AdWords account.
2. Go to "All Video Campaigns".
3. Click on the campaign name under which you have created the ad.
4. Now at the center of the page under "Ads" tab, click on the blue color link "Segment by Format" to see the performance of your video ad in each format.
5. Now hover your mouse on the ad and you will see a pencil icon. Click on the pencil icon to edit the ad.
6. Click on "Yes, I understand".
7. Now you will see an option to uncheck in-stream format so that your ads will not serve as pre-roll.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rahul

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
perfect. thanks for the help!