AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how only use manage placement exclude auto display?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i want to use only manage  placement and dont want to display my ads on automatic placement is there any setting available or i have no choice

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how only use manage placement exclude auto display?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Please follow the solution from this debate :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/How-to-disable-Automatic-Placement/td-p/69256

You need to edit Network section of your campaign

Settings > Networks > Edit >

Select 'Specific Reach', this will limit the ads to your selected managed placements.

If this helps, please come back and close this thread with green button "Accept this solution"

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Ravi,

In order to narrow down the reach of your Display Campaign to target only managed placements, you can do this:

As you know that now ad group custom settings are available for Google Display Network, go to particular ad group and click on Display Network tab, then click on change display targeting and add the managed placements and select Target and Bid option out of 2 radio buttons as seen in the below screenshot:

Placements.jpg

This will restrict the targeting and let Adwords only target the placements you have added. Read the below article for more details:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?ctx=tltp

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i cant find this setting Smiley Sad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi rakesh i laredy doing the same but it still shows automatic placements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
h pankaj but still it show automatic placements

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Maybe this works for you

the way to turn off Automatic Placements is to turn off Display Campaign Optimizer in your Campaign Settings under the Advanced Settings > Automatic Campaign Optimization section.

If it does, please mark my solution with the green button.

@pankaj

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1209882?hl=en&from=2575708&rd=1

Target and bid (selected by default): If you leave this setting selected, your ads will be targeted based on the method you selected (in this case, placements). Your ad will only show if one of the placements you've added is matched.

So the user had probably "Target and bid" already selected by default, and didn't need to change that.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Adrian,

Would you be so kind as to send me an email when you have a moment?  tommy.sands@gmail.com.

-Tommy 

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’