2.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how many times an ad will be shown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As in I was getting info regards to this I was told if I have 500 as daily budget and 50 my cpc my ad will be shown 10 times a day. But if a daily budget of 5000 then it will be shown 100 times. Is this info wrong ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nageshri K
September 2015

Re: how many times an ad will be shown

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Nageshri,

"Lets say 1000 people are searching for my keyword, my cpc is 50 and my budget is 500 that means my budget would be exhausted within 10 clicks, that means 10 people saw my ad and my daily budget got exhausted.

--Above assumes a CTR of 100% and CTR will never be 100%.  Yes, 10 people will have clicked on your Ad, but  more people will actually see your Ad.  One of the benefits of AdWords is that you only have to pay per click, not per Impression.

Also, above assumes that you always pay your Max CPC, per Click.   Most of the times your Actual CPC will be lower than your Max CPC Bid - 

Actual AdWords CPCs - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6297?hl=en

Depending on the Keywords/Vertical, your CTR will vary.  I'd say you can expect to see CTR in the range of 1-3%, but that is a very loose estimate and again, will vary.  The idea is not to have 100% CTR, but to have strong CTR from relevant searchers who have a high likelihood to convert on your site.

One of the benefits of AdWords is that you can control what you spend on a Daily Budget, and you don't necessarily have to have huge budgets to compete.  Yes, they might be able to afford more Daily Budget and pay higher CPCs, but through efficient management you can still receive targeted Impressions.  I'd suggest you manage CPCs so that your budget can stay active longer in the day.  

Finally, really work on having strong Quality Scores - these can help you get efficient CPCs - 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

View solution in original post

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Nageshri,
Welcome to the AdWords Community! The quick answer is that your Ad will be shown until your Daily Budget is exhausted. The correct answer is - It's impossible to give you an exact number of how many times your Ad will show because it depends on your Daily Budget, the Keywords you're bidding on, the number of searchers searching for your Keywords, etc.

I'm wondering - why exactly are you looking for this?

Some resources to look at -

Keyword Planner - This will give you an idea of how often your Keywords are searched on, and it will give you an idea of what you can expect competitive CPC bids to be -
https://adwords.google.com/ko/KeywordPlanner/

Recommended Daily Budget - if you're already live, this can tell what you should set your Daily budget to in order to receive the most possible Impressions -
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/25426?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What i wanted to know would my impressions be restricted by my daily budget.

Lets say 1000 people are searching for my keyword, my cpc is 50 and my budget is 500 that means my budget would be exhausted within 10 clicks, that means 10 people saw my ad and my daily budget got exhausted. But lets say today no one clicked on my ad hence there is no issue of my daily budget getting exhausted but would in that case my ad be seen by those 1000 people. So if 1000 people are seeing my ad but not clicking then there is a issue with my ad but if my ad is being shown only 10 times a day then i am missing out on 990 people.

The question was raised because whenever i type the keyword, my competitors ad is being shown throughout the day. Now my comp being huge has the means to get 100 clicks a day and still be on the page to reach 100 more searchers whereas i can afford maybe 10 clicks. So what i need to know is whether these 10 clicks took place because only 10 people could see my ad or 100 people saw but only 10 clicked.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nageshri K
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Nageshri,

"Lets say 1000 people are searching for my keyword, my cpc is 50 and my budget is 500 that means my budget would be exhausted within 10 clicks, that means 10 people saw my ad and my daily budget got exhausted.

--Above assumes a CTR of 100% and CTR will never be 100%.  Yes, 10 people will have clicked on your Ad, but  more people will actually see your Ad.  One of the benefits of AdWords is that you only have to pay per click, not per Impression.

Also, above assumes that you always pay your Max CPC, per Click.   Most of the times your Actual CPC will be lower than your Max CPC Bid - 

Actual AdWords CPCs - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6297?hl=en

Depending on the Keywords/Vertical, your CTR will vary.  I'd say you can expect to see CTR in the range of 1-3%, but that is a very loose estimate and again, will vary.  The idea is not to have 100% CTR, but to have strong CTR from relevant searchers who have a high likelihood to convert on your site.

One of the benefits of AdWords is that you can control what you spend on a Daily Budget, and you don't necessarily have to have huge budgets to compete.  Yes, they might be able to afford more Daily Budget and pay higher CPCs, but through efficient management you can still receive targeted Impressions.  I'd suggest you manage CPCs so that your budget can stay active longer in the day.  

Finally, really work on having strong Quality Scores - these can help you get efficient CPCs - 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en