AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how many keywords can i use for a start

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my question is how many keywords can i use for my campaign as a starter and how can the number of keywords afffect my bidd and cost?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karishma (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: how many keywords can i use for a start

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Actually there is no specific number of keywords you can use, the limited number of keywords is about 20,000 per ad group.
But it's recommended to use 20 to 25 keywords per ad group, but the more important thing is the keywords should be relevant to each other , relevant to the theme of the ad group and finally relevant to the ads.
So if you do this, your keywords quality score will increase and by increasing quality score you will lower your costs.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karishma (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Actually there is no specific number of keywords you can use, the limited number of keywords is about 20,000 per ad group.
But it's recommended to use 20 to 25 keywords per ad group, but the more important thing is the keywords should be relevant to each other , relevant to the theme of the ad group and finally relevant to the ads.
So if you do this, your keywords quality score will increase and by increasing quality score you will lower your costs.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

In addition to what Ahmed Ali has explained, I would like to indicate this helpful article to read : 

How to build the best keyword list

Also from time to time it is good to look at the Opportunities Tab where you will be presented with automatic grouping suggestions for ad groups which have too many keywords as described here : 

Opportunities related to keywords

Regarding "how can the number of keywords afffect my bidd and cost? " I would comment that the more keywords you have , the greater the daily budget has to be. To understand more read this article : 

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Balancing-Budgets-and-Keywords/ba-p/168896