6.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how long does it take for my AdWords campaign to be activated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just setup my Google Ads campaign.

How long will it take before it becomes active on the web... is it immediate or is there an initial waiting period?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how long does it take for my AdWords campaign to be activated

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi CodeX_42342 and welcome to the forum.  The answer (as you'll find is often the case with Adwords) is "it depends".

Assuming there are no problems anywhere, it's possible to get Ads up and running within an hour of opening an Account - I have a personal record of 20 minutes and I believe some of my colleagues here have beaten that.  However, speed isn't necessarily good and I'd always advise anyone new to Adwords to think carefully and plan before taking their first steps.

What problems could you encounter?  The most likely issue will be approvals for Ads or Keywords.  A great deal of the approval process with Adwords is automatic and reasonably quick but if your Keywords or Ads require further scrutiny there could be a delay.

Can I ask why the speed is important?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

If you set the account just now, then give it sometime until your ads are approved and your billing details are verified and finally the account gets activated.

It might happen that you can start seeing the statistics accumulating in sometime, but still I would advice you to wait for the moment.

EDIT: Jon you are fast today Smiley Happy

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am not able to edit my campaign.  I can see, in the billing section that it has gotten a few clicks, yesterday and today....way too few clicks, considering that I already owe six dollars.  But when I try to find it in my campaigns list, so that I can edit it in any way, adjust my budget, or otherwise...it only says "Welcome to AdWords!"  And has a button that says "Create your first campaign"
Why can I not edit my campaign? 
Or, can I cancel my campaign without cancelling my adwords account? 
I'm just about ready to cancel my adwords account. 

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Dana,

Are you running just Adwords campaign? Or have you also run an Adwords Express ad? If the latter, this may explain why you are showing clicks in Billing but also why your not showing any active campaigns in your Adwords account. Please clarify.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ho Cobnut, assuming all ads are automatically approved, how long should one figure till all the campaigns are completely propagated and receiving as many impressions as they ever will.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HOW DOES IT HELP

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, it is best to start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question that fully explains your particular issue.

Starting a new thread will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.