2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how in can find out CPC with formula?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If my budget $1000/day and CTR is 5% then how in can find out CPC with formula?

Re: how in can find out CPC with formula?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
HI Avinash

I believe it may be possible to make some form of assumptions and estimates of what you are trying to achieve using a basic excel sheet of impressions CTR and clicks. However, this may take into account a lot of assumptions and multivariate factors.

Calculating what the actual cpc will be is always going to be a little tricky, although not insurmountable within certain confidence limits. It may also depend a lot on what bidding strategy you are applying, cpc, ecpc, flexible bid strategies for example.

Referring right back to basics from the helpdesk, "Your actual cost-per-click (actual CPC) is the final amount you're charged for a click. You're often charged less -- sometimes much less -- than your maximum cost-per-click (max. CPC) bid, which is the most you'll typically be charged for a click.

Actual CPC is often less than max. CPC because with the AdWords auction, the most you'll pay is what's minimally required to hold your ad position and any ad formats shown with your ad, such as sitelinks".

Hope that helps a little

James