1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how does keyword planner work with landing page

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am a tree farmer.  One of my landing pages has trees that are native species in sizes that are targeted to people working in the reclamation and naturalization fields.

I'm starting a campaign for this sector, so I asked keyword planner to look at the page, and suggest keywords for me.

To my amazement it mentioned many trees that were not only not mentioned on that page, but also trees like avocados, oranges, lemons, palm trees -- all things that won't grow within a thousand miles of here.

Is this experience typical? To get 50-100 possible ideas for each one that looks promising?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sherwood B
September 2015

Re: how does keyword planner work with landing page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Sherwood

This is correct; The keyword planner suggests an endless list of "similar" keywords, which could be far away from synonyms... The logic, is Google's vast database, which has a vast statistics, how keywords might be linked. You'll have to filter / screen keywords irrelevant to your business.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sherwood B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Sherwood

This is correct; The keyword planner suggests an endless list of "similar" keywords, which could be far away from synonyms... The logic, is Google's vast database, which has a vast statistics, how keywords might be linked. You'll have to filter / screen keywords irrelevant to your business.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sherwood,

Keyword planner is an ideal way to get a mix of keyword ideas. It is up to us to choose and incorporate keywords that go well with our campaign. The tool comes handy to get multiple ideas and experiment with different concepts. However, finally, it is up to us to make best use of this tool.

Regards,
Kapil M