AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how do i register my trademark with google ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi , I want to register my company software trade mark with Google how do i do it? can any one please help me..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: how do i register my trademark with google ?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi shawn,

Google won't register trademarks. You have to register trademarks at your national office in your country. After registering the trademark. If you find anyone using your trademark then you need to file a complaint as said by Ahmed Ali.

I hope this helps you !

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
You need to fill out this trademark complaint form:- https://services.google.com/inquiry/aw_tmcomplaint

But before you file a complaint, it's very important that you read the information about the trademark policy here:-
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2562124
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi shawn,

Google won't register trademarks. You have to register trademarks at your national office in your country. After registering the trademark. If you find anyone using your trademark then you need to file a complaint as said by Ahmed Ali.

I hope this helps you !

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Shawn,

Just wanted to add few important points here. As rightly said by John and Ahmed, you have to Trademark your terms yourself at your national office and Google will not help you with that.

But, once you have got the term Trademarked, you have to submit the Trademark Authorization form to Google with all the information. Once you submit the Trademark Authorization Form, Google will not allow anyone to use the trademark term in AdWords accounts provided the advertisers are targeting the same industry your Trademark is registered.

Please note, if you want to use your Trademark Term in your own ads, you have to submit another Authorization Form requesting Google to allow the term for your AdWords account. If you dont submit and you simply use the term, Google will disapprove your ads as well.

Lastly, if someone wants to use your Trademark term in their ads, then they can contact Google AdWords Phone support and they will share your email address with which you submitted the info, so they can contact you and request you for the permission, If you wan to allow them (if they are your dealers or franchise) then you have to submit another Authorization form with their AdWords CID allowing them to use your Trademark term in their ads.

This is it, nothing less - nothing more. Hope this Helps !!

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome Explanation Prashanth !!