AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how do i link our websites' analytics account to our adwords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

we have google apps hosting our email and i use my company email for analytics and our adwords account. but i can't link analytics to our adwords account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rosiel (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: how do i link our websites' analytics account to our adwords account?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Hurst,

You need to be logged into both AdWords & Analytics with the same 'administrative' username/email when doing this.

When in the AdWords interface, navigate to Tools & Analysis > Google Analytics > Admin (top right) > Click the name of the account that you would like to link > click Data Sources > click Link Account and choose the profile(s).

See this article for additional help.

In order to import additional stats from Analytics like bounce rate, avg. visit duration & pages per visit, you will need to link again, but this time navigate to My Account in AdWords > Linked Accounts > Google Analytics -or- View Details > select the profile you would like to link.

Hope these help.

Thanks,

BI

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rosiel (Follower ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: how do i link our websites' analytics account to our adwords account?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Hurst,

You need to be logged into both AdWords & Analytics with the same 'administrative' username/email when doing this.

When in the AdWords interface, navigate to Tools & Analysis > Google Analytics > Admin (top right) > Click the name of the account that you would like to link > click Data Sources > click Link Account and choose the profile(s).

See this article for additional help.

In order to import additional stats from Analytics like bounce rate, avg. visit duration & pages per visit, you will need to link again, but this time navigate to My Account in AdWords > Linked Accounts > Google Analytics -or- View Details > select the profile you would like to link.

Hope these help.

Thanks,

BI