2.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how do i change the dns settings?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Weebly said to change my DNS settings, I am not sure how or where to do that...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laurie W
September 2015

Re: how do i change the dns settings?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
DNS setting are changed in the Domain Registrar (Where you bought your domain name) For example GoDaddy, Namecheap or where ever.

Basically you are given a DNS from your Server Host NS1 and NS2. Inside you registar will be a spot to change the DOMAIN NAME SERVERS ( DNS). Once changed and saved, it may take 24-48 hours for the names to "Propagate" meaning connect your Domain name to the Hosting service where your website files/pages are located.

This connects your purchased Domain name to the Server Host, so that that the web can see your files under your domain name.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laurie W
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
DNS setting are changed in the Domain Registrar (Where you bought your domain name) For example GoDaddy, Namecheap or where ever.

Basically you are given a DNS from your Server Host NS1 and NS2. Inside you registar will be a spot to change the DOMAIN NAME SERVERS ( DNS). Once changed and saved, it may take 24-48 hours for the names to "Propagate" meaning connect your Domain name to the Hosting service where your website files/pages are located.

This connects your purchased Domain name to the Server Host, so that that the web can see your files under your domain name.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK I bought my domain from Google but cant figure out where the settings are. I will keep looking. I have the #1 & #2 A records to change to.