Guide Me
star_border

how do i change the dates of the campaign

M P
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
M P
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Help! I just signed up yesterday and created a campaign and am getting emails and alerts saying that my campaign is ending and I cannot find anywhere to change the dates on that...how do I do that??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do i change the dates of the campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Go into the campaign settings - make sure you select all features under the General settings and then go down to the botton of the page - you'll then be able to edit the end date...

The default is normally for camapigns to be open ended - so you must have entered an end date somewhere laong the line.

Also  - you start getting these approaching end date messages when the end date is actually quite some way away....

M P
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
M P
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the response. It turns out that the campaign type was defaulted to a "Standard" versus "All Features" so there was no access for me to get to the dates. I am sure that is a common problem, as it defaults to Standard while you are starting up and does not make it clear that you need to change that setting to have advanced access. For people like me who start out creating a campaign and are not familiar with the intricacies of the system, it is very confusing. Actually, the whole system is very confusing and not intuitive.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It can be confusing... the thing is there is a lot "under the hood" with AdWords - if Google were to require new advertisers to configure everything then it would be overwhelming... I do agree, however, that things like the end date aren't the most complicated of features Smiley Wink