3.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how do i change the URL Path

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two websites but only one has the cart and when I registered I picked the one domain but when I tried to put the other domain it did not let me as it said it did not match.. how do I switch the main path domain? Do I need to open two accounts?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do i change the URL Path

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Susan W,

No, you do not need or want to open a second AdWords account. 

Please note that you can change the URL for the existing campaign, but you would lose some history and have more work to do to make sure everything in the campaign matched (Sitelinks, etc.).

Use only one website per ad group:

• We allow only one display URL domain to be used for all ads within a particular ad group. In other words, all display URLs within an ad group need to be hosted in the same site, even the URLs for your paused ads. If you want to advertise a different site, we suggest that you create a new campaign or a new ad group.

You can just create a new campaign and then add the new URL and keep the old one running and the new one running, too. This is how I would do it. If I didn't want the old campaign, I would just pause it.

Kind Regards,

James