AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how do i change my user log in email not my password?

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

Hi can any one help please? I need to change the login email address I use. All the info and links I read and use leads me back to changing the password not the user email. 

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Re: how do i change my user log in email not my password?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Are you asking about changing your email on the Community or for your AdWords account?

For your AdWords account, you need to "invite" the new email to have access to your AdWords account. Once access is granted and confirmed, you can log in to AdWords using that email address (and you can delete the original email address's access if you want to.)

This Community is linked to your Google account information. You're logged in to the Community via whatever Google account you're logged into at the time you visit. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I would advise you against following Tom's advice to create a new account. That could get you into trouble and could also get you banned as a violation of the double-serving policy.

Instead, follow Theresa's advice and add the new email address to your account. There's a trick to getting it done, especially if you are using the same computer and browser to send the invitation and accept it.

After sending the invitation to the new email address, make sure you log out completely from Google. First, log out from AdWords (after sending the invite). Then go to Google search. If your name show up at the top right, you are still logged in. Log out from there, too.

When you click on the link to accept the invitation, select "I already have an account", or it will create a new account for that email address and you'll need to jump through additional hoops to correct that. If it's not a gmail address, you will be able to assign any password you like.

That's about all there is to it.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Unfortunately you can only change your password, not the email address. You will need to create a new Google AdWords account in order to use a different email address.

Thank you.

EDIT: Bad first post!!!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You can either login to the Community with your Google account or a "Community account". If you login using your Google account a password change is done through your Google account console.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Are you asking about changing your email on the Community or for your AdWords account?

For your AdWords account, you need to "invite" the new email to have access to your AdWords account. Once access is granted and confirmed, you can log in to AdWords using that email address (and you can delete the original email address's access if you want to.)

This Community is linked to your Google account information. You're logged in to the Community via whatever Google account you're logged into at the time you visit. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I would advise you against following Tom's advice to create a new account. That could get you into trouble and could also get you banned as a violation of the double-serving policy.

Instead, follow Theresa's advice and add the new email address to your account. There's a trick to getting it done, especially if you are using the same computer and browser to send the invitation and accept it.

After sending the invitation to the new email address, make sure you log out completely from Google. First, log out from AdWords (after sending the invite). Then go to Google search. If your name show up at the top right, you are still logged in. Log out from there, too.

When you click on the link to accept the invitation, select "I already have an account", or it will create a new account for that email address and you'll need to jump through additional hoops to correct that. If it's not a gmail address, you will be able to assign any password you like.

That's about all there is to it.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

My understanding was he wanted to change his Community login not his AdWords accounts (login)...

Anyway...you have all answers, for all options...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’