4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how do i change match type?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there.  How do I change from broad to exact phrase match type once campaigns are setup?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author antond
September 2015

Re: how do i change match type?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

In adwords changing a match type actually means creating a new keyword . The old keyword will be "hidden" in the default interface unless you select "show deleted keywords".

To change match type select your keyword and edit it. If you use " " signs it will be phrase match, if you use [ ] signs it will be exact match. Read more from here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
You will also find this easier to do if you use AdWords Editor where you can select multiple keywords and change their match type with a single click.

Be just a little careful with BMM since if you have the BM keyword blue +widgets and change it using the editor to phrase you will get "blue +widgets" - and no-one would type that!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

In adwords changing a match type actually means creating a new keyword . The old keyword will be "hidden" in the default interface unless you select "show deleted keywords".

To change match type select your keyword and edit it. If you use " " signs it will be phrase match, if you use [ ] signs it will be exact match. Read more from here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
You will also find this easier to do if you use AdWords Editor where you can select multiple keywords and change their match type with a single click.

Be just a little careful with BMM since if you have the BM keyword blue +widgets and change it using the editor to phrase you will get "blue +widgets" - and no-one would type that!