AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how do i bid in dollars.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how do i bid in dollars, I am from india and by default i get an option of bidding in rupees. Is it that i will have to choose a different country in the starting when i will create an account for bidding in dollars.

1 Expert replyverified_user
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kamlesh k
September 2015

Re: how do i bid in dollars.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Once you set up the Currency you will not be able to change it https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704358?hl=en the only solution is set up a new account.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kamlesh,

Welcome to the Adwords Community!!
Once you start creating an Adwords account. Its initally ask you to setup Time Zone & Curreny. And once you set it up. You cannot change it.

The only solution is to create a new adwords account by make sure the currency selection is US Dollar and select the time zone accordingly.

Check this link for further info.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704358?hl=en

If this message helpful for you "please accept as solution".

Thanks
Ankit Kapoor.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kamlesh,

You can set bid either in rupees or in dollars. But, I would recommend you to pay in dollars as your targeting country is United States. I don't know your target services so cannot tell you exactly what would be the suggested bid for your keywords.

Although, you can take an idea by using Keyword Traffic Estimator tool and can bid accordingly.

Google Adwords >> Tools >> Keyword Planner >> Get Traffic Estimates for the List of Keywords.

Thanks
Ankit Kapoor.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Kamlesh,

If I may jump in here, you need to understand that the currency option is for the advertisers so that they can choose which currency they are comfortable paying in for the AdWords.

Now, there are 2 aspects:-

1. If you are from India and are comfortable paying in rupees, then you can keep working on your existing account but keep in mind since the value of dollar is very-very high as compared to Rupee, then you will have to bid that much higher if you are targeting US so that you can compete with other advertisers.

2. If you really want to change the currency, then first of all you need to cancel this current account and once AdWords confirm it's cancellation, then create a new AdWords account with required currency. You can also refer to this AdWords Payment finder for more details: https://adwords.google.com/select/AfpoFinder?currency=USD&country=IN

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Once you set up the Currency you will not be able to change it https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704358?hl=en the only solution is set up a new account.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kamlesh,

Welcome to the Adwords Community!!
Once you start creating an Adwords account. Its initally ask you to setup Time Zone & Curreny. And once you set it up. You cannot change it.

The only solution is to create a new adwords account by make sure the currency selection is US Dollar and select the time zone accordingly.

Check this link for further info.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704358?hl=en

If this message helpful for you "please accept as solution".

Thanks
Ankit Kapoor.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Yaniv,

Thanks for sharing the link it helped.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Ankit,

Thanks for the link.
I have a question, if i want to target only usa as my target country. then what is advisable should i bid in dollars or i should keep on bidding in rupees. if i keep on bidding in rupees then should i keep my bidding cost as 10rs-15rs-20rs-30 rs in different cases or will have to increase the bid. Basically i want to understand that will the variation in rupees and dollar rates impact my bidding as well.

Regards
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kamlesh,

You can set bid either in rupees or in dollars. But, I would recommend you to pay in dollars as your targeting country is United States. I don't know your target services so cannot tell you exactly what would be the suggested bid for your keywords.

Although, you can take an idea by using Keyword Traffic Estimator tool and can bid accordingly.

Google Adwords >> Tools >> Keyword Planner >> Get Traffic Estimates for the List of Keywords.

Thanks
Ankit Kapoor.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Kamlesh,

If I may jump in here, you need to understand that the currency option is for the advertisers so that they can choose which currency they are comfortable paying in for the AdWords.

Now, there are 2 aspects:-

1. If you are from India and are comfortable paying in rupees, then you can keep working on your existing account but keep in mind since the value of dollar is very-very high as compared to Rupee, then you will have to bid that much higher if you are targeting US so that you can compete with other advertisers.

2. If you really want to change the currency, then first of all you need to cancel this current account and once AdWords confirm it's cancellation, then create a new AdWords account with required currency. You can also refer to this AdWords Payment finder for more details: https://adwords.google.com/select/AfpoFinder?currency=USD&country=IN

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ankit for the advice. Great Help!! Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Pankaj.

It was beautifully explained by you. Got your point and will keep that in mind.

Thanks
Kamlesh