3.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how do I use different pages on my website as landing pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I use different pages on my website as landing pages in my adword campaign?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do I use different pages on my website as landing pages

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Trevor

Segment your account the way you have your website, like make different campaigns for different product categories/services and use your different landing page in different ad groups in every campaign. Also if you don't have long list list of products and services then you can add upto 6 sitelinks extensions in your ad, their you can use different pages of your websites as different landing pages.
Read Adwords Help for more about sitelinks
# https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375416?hl=en

My thoughts!

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to what has been said above, I would like to add that Landing page is actually a page which the user is expecting to provide all the details with, when he clicked on the ad shown on Google search. That directly means that whatever commitments you are making in your ad by offering various offers, schemes, discounts and other relative information, that has to be backed up by your website or your landing page.

It's not that you have to use each and every page of your website as a landing page. Depending upon what services/products you offer and which you choose to advertise using AdWords, those specific pages have to be identified and used as landing page for your AdWords Campaigns.

I would suggest you to go through this reference which explains how your landing page should be: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197

Apart from this, it is a good practice to include additional links as sitelinks as said above, which could give users additional choice to refer to other website pages.

You can also read this reference which explains how should you structure your account to be in sync with your website: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375470?hl=en

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
In your ads you also have two lines - the display url and the destination url. It is the destination url that a visitor is taken to if they click on your ad - so if you want your visitor to go to www.mysite.com/categories/widgets/red_widgets.html - this is what you put in the destination url box - the display url must have mysite,com - but then you can use the rest of your 35 characters to reinforce your message - so mysite.com/red_widgets_on_sale - for example.

As Abhishek explains - you want to try and get the client to them ost relevant page you can, so if a person is searching for red widgets, show them ad ad about red widgets and then take them to your page about red widgets - it's really not rocket science but it's amazing how many campaigns will show a person an ad about "We've got lots of things" and then take a visitor to the home page from which they have to try and figure out where the red widget information is hidden.....

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Trevor,

For me, landing page serves as a home page for any visitor who does not know about your company and business. An effective and efficient landing page helps create stable and powerful first-time visitor experience.

I suggest some of the tips that can help you choosing right strategy for your landing page.

Let’s be precise with marketing message
Move your CTA above the page fold
Remove extra navigation
Use of product screenshots
Include product benefits, instead product features

This is just an overview which can help you simplify your landing page experience.

I hope this helps.

Kapil M