AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how do I test my data feed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made a "test data feed" corrected all the errors and now want to see what the ad looks like. how do I view the test ad?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how do I test my data feed?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shawn,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

If it is about testing data feed and checking if there's error, it is easily done in Merchant Center only. When you upload feed and it has any issue you get to know there itself.

If you are all set with Feeds and now want to preview the live shopping ads, there's no way to do it at the moment. However, once your ads start triggering, you will able to see impression for your ads inside AdWords itself. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wanted to preview the ad and make sure it looked correct before going live with it. I'm not the biggest fan of pushing something live without seeing what it looks like. Looks like i cant do that. and when I made the ad it was made as a test do i need to remake the ad or can i turn the test into a real ad?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Shawn,

Yes, having a preview tool would have been better. But as Google verifies all feed data in the Merchant Center Interface only, there's hardly any chance for errors once your feeds are accepted and validated. 

To your next question, turning test to live ads depends how and to what extent you have test data in it. If you believe, your feed quality is good enough to go live, you can. But if you think you can make it better, you should.

After all, if you are not satisfied, how can you expect your penitential customers to be impressed with it? Agree?

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Shawn,
No any way to check Preview of shopping ads. But you can check either your product approved or not. If your product data feeds approved than most of the times possibility of showing your ads in your targeted location. Search on google domain & check your ads preview.

---
Thanks,
Jitender