AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

how can i improve the ad position

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Iam working in a start up company.I have set up a campaign for an Abroad Educational Consultancy in Search network. the problem is that my ads are running but there ad position is like 4.2 and 6.1,and there are like 789 impressions for a particular keyword  but only 2 clicks. Now my concern is that my client is asking me to bring those ads in 1st position, kindly help me regarding this. i will wait for your suggestions. 

Thank you,

Harini.

Re: how can i improve the ad position

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Storm 

Best way and always my first suggestion is to Improve your Quality Score. Here are a few tips on how to do that. If that still does not cut it you can always try Raising you Max Bid. 

Re: how can i improve the ad position

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
If your Quality Scores are in the 4 -10 range, then increase the Bid Price. That will get you to a better Ad rank position.

If your quality scores are 1-3 you have work to do to make sure they have proper ad copy relevance, landing pages etc. ( do they need to be in there own group so you can get better relevant ads? Do you need to check match types? )

When you run a diagnostics test, or even looking at the adwords keyword are there any Low quality or Low Volume messages? If Low Volume - check match types. If low quality work on that.

But the number one way to improve Ad Rank is INCREASE BIDS!!